Goodbye: From Sydney to Cincy

"Don't cry because its over. Smile because it happened"



Saturday morning came way too fast. Like the night before all my friends left Sydney, I didn't get very much sleep. I just laid in bed thinking about all the great times I had over the past four months. Just like that with a blink of an eye it was all coming to an end. Time really does fly when you are having the time of your life. 



We left the Meriton apartment at 10am and took the cab to the airport. I remember sitting in the cab quite as can be just staring out the window, wishing I could stay longer even if it was just a month, week, day or even another hour. We got to the airport and had plenty of time to waste, so we messed around on ipads for an hour and then went to the gate.



It was a crazy feeling boarding that plane. There was 3 flights and 24 hours standing between me and home. As we took off we flew over the Sydney Harbour which was fitting because my first glimpse of Australia was the opera house and harbour bridge on my flight in. That same glimpse would be the last I would see of Australia. I was so excited to go home to see my friends and family but I knew after a couple weeks I would want to head right back to Australia. 



I had done so much in Australia but it was just a glimpse of everything the country had to offer. There was so much more for me here to see, so much more to explore. But like they say all good things must come to an end, and to an end this great thing came. 



Going to Australia was one of the best decisions of my life. This experience has changed my outlook on life. It has opened up a whole world of opportunities for me in the future. I now have friends from all of over the United States, Australia, and numerous other countries. It has inspired me to one day backpack around the world.



Everybody dies but not everybody lives. Everyones take on living is different. For me it is now getting out of the comfort zone and traveling the world. Most people eat, sleep, work, then eat, sleep, and work. Life is too short to live in a rut. God created such a beautiful earth, not for us to stay in one plus but for us to travel and explore it. Life is all about doing what you love. 



I want to thank everyone for reading my blog. I had over 2,500 clicks on this website, which is way more than I had ever imagined. It was tough at times to write this thing with such limited internet access and hopefully I entertained and inspired you. I want to challenge you all to do something you love, because thats what life is about. Don't let anything or anyone stop you. Hopefully in a couple of years I will be blogging about backpacking around the world, because that is what I am passionate about.


Cheers Mates!
Category: 0 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment